Followers

Friday 8 January 2016

It's WINTER at That's Crafty Challenges

Hi everyone
and welcome to our first challenge of 2016 over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog and as the weather here in the UK turns adversely colder our first theme of the year is quite adapt as it is
WINTER 
(but not Christmas).
My design team piece has been inspired by a song title.


I have created my piece on the largest grey/white board heart made and supplied by That's Crafty. They have a fabulous range own brand surfaces which you will find HERE.
I started by painting on a thin layer of gesso and then when dried smeared a rough layer of crackle paste over the heart ensuring that the coverage was quite random as I didn't want an even surface or even crackle effect. When that had dried (I left it overnight). I then added the hearts using crackle paste again through the hearts Dinky Stencil and again left to dry. I then applied a thin layer of Paperartsy paint London bus and then wiped back with a baby wipe. Next I added layers of Paperartsy paint in South Pacific and Beach hut. Finally I edged the heart, applying paint with my finger, using more London bus paint. I then toned the heart down with Decort Antiquing cream. When it was all totally dry I sanded back to expose the white of the texture paste.
I stamped the trees - Hero Arts "Snow Dust" directly onto the heart with black Stazon ink, made it look snowy with grains of ultra thick white embossing powder and the grounded my trees using torn pieces of dictionary paper which is meant to represent the snow. I have actually used the dictionary definition of snow to do this with.


I then took one of the grey/white board small hearts and again smeared crackle paste on it and when dry painted with London Bus and the toned it down again with Decoart black antiquing cream. 
I wrapped some fine wire around it and used a hot glue gun to glue it to the larger heart.


I then typed the Song title "It may be winter outside, but in my heart it's spring" onto old book paper and added to the heart with matt medium.

Myself and the rest of the team have interpreted our first theme very differently so it's well worth popping over here HERE for a variety of inspiration.
We would love to see what you create following our theme. As is with our challenge, one lucky winner will receive a £20 voucher to spend at That's Crafty online store.
I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:-
Craft Stamper  Take it Make it Challenge - Anything Goes as long as there is a stamp
Stamps and Stencils - with the theme "Oh so Blue"
thanks for stopping by
Love
Amanda X

26 comments:

  1. Best heart ever made....end of
    No.1 fan girl hugs
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, love everything about it, how clever using the definition of snow..... just the inspiration I need at the moment, thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, love everything about it, how clever using the definition of snow..... just the inspiration I need at the moment, thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Amanda - this is just wonderful. I have never heard that sentiment before! What a lovely project in every way. j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the deep blue of this, and I think Donna may be right about it being the best heart ever. Perfect stamping and crackle, winter white spatter and fabulous use of the book pages to create the ground.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, love the winter colors!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project Amanda ! The pop of red is wonderful and the tree looks fablous ! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really gorgeous Amanda. The background is fabulous and love the snowy detail. You've also got me singing now!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic project Amanda, super textures and a lovely quote.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooo! Fabulous Amanda. Lots of lovely techniques used so effectively. Love it! Thankyou for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing texture, amazing combo, it is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous winter theme! Loving all the textures x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Love the delicate trees and the splash of red. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a wonderful project! The sentiment has to make you smile, but the gorgeous layering and those awesome trees and heart really make this a wonderful project! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful, your lovely heart really stood out to me in the craft stamper gallery. Amazing use of texture and lots of techniques and materials, without creating something that looks over the top. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous mixed media art, I love your heart, the colours and textures are fabulous, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blue is lovely, but it's the splatters and red heart that take this project over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely adore this - its beautiful work! Stunning! Thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the crackle texture, the stencilled hearts, the big heart, the snow text, everything. And now I'm singing :) Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!! I love this .... the colours are amazing and the texture really adds to the overall look. I love the song too! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ..... Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Amanda,
    I've seen that you were among the top 3 with me at TIMI challenge...
    Congratulations, especially because I LOVE your heart, a pure delight for the eyes, so beautiful WOW!!!
    Hope you are well.
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on being a Craft Stamper winner for January 2016, Amanda! Well deserved recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh Amanda, just seen that you're also with me among the top 3 at Stamps and Stencils tee-hee! Congratulations again (and what a WONDERFUL heart... So inspiring. Just pinned on one of my Pinterest boards, I love it so much!!!!)
    Hugs to you. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh Amanda, just seen that you're also with me among the top 3 at Stamps and Stencils tee-hee! Congratulations again (and what a WONDERFUL heart... So inspiring. Just pinned on one of my Pinterest boards, I love it so much!!!!)
    Hugs to you. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This amazing project deserved recognition - so happy for you to be a winner with us at Stamps & Stencils! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.